Wednesday, January 21, 2009

There is nothing else to do.

So going away to college isnt the funnest of things. To tell you the truth it sucks. Im in my room doing nothing because I have no friends. I decided that this is the case because I am new and it takes time. But how much time does this really take? Its hard to make friends here cuz it is such a small college and everyone knows everyone. Its very click oriented. Like today I went to eat lunch and I sat down at a table were someone had placed their things. They came up to the table and moved their things to the next table. So I continued to eat lunch by myself. Then in chapel I sat by myself. Then in class I sat by myself. Its very depressing coming from a place where I have so many friends to a place where I dont know anyone. So if your wondering yes I hate it.........

6 comments:

Jamie said...

or thing, well you need to join some clubs or do something...maybe a conservative like oyu should join the republican club. Hopefully, like in my situation, you go to 2 meetings and realize that you are, in fact, not a republican.

Bethany Streng said...

jamie, you are too funny!! niz, it'll get better. it does take time and it is to be expected that it won't be all fun and games at first!

Anonymous said...

Bobby, I feel your pain. I mean it, I really do. I remember feeling like that when I visited new churches. God really has used that in my life though, because I realize the importance of reaching out to new people when they come, since I have been there. I believe that you will have a new sense of compassion and awareness of people as a result of this experience, and it will make you a better pastor (because I believe that is what your calling is :P). Ditto to Bethany, you are very likeable, and if people will just give you the chance, they will love you. Press into your only friend, your best friend Jesus and rediscover his friendship during this time.

Unknown said...

Yes, Bobby, it will get better. Just be thankful that Steven is at Nyack, so that at least you have a cousin there..
Love you Bobby!!

J.M. West said...

Aw Bobby we miss you here and most likely it will get better soon, and then before you know it you will be home for the summer and wishing you were back at school.

Ceidra said...

Miss you, Niz. But just be yourself and ask God what he's doing and you'll be ok. :-)