Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Generation That Needs to Wake Up!

So this past weekend I went to battlecry in Ny with my beloved youth group. It turned out to be an awesome experience even though I was a little cranky due to lack of sleep that whole week. But God showed up anyway even if at the time I didnt realize it. I got home from the conference Saturday night and was exhausted but I still went to church the next morning. Any way so that day on Sunday I was thinking of what I heard at the conference and my generation was put on my heart. I feel that this generation is apathetic to Gods calling for it. I was talking to my cousin and matt about it and was getting fired up. Any way that night I went to sleep real early because I was exhausted. I woke up at 1230 and my heart felt burdened to pray so I did. I got a picture in my head of a person figure in a hospital bed and two figures were in the room and one was a dark figure and one was a light figure. Anyway the person on the bed was on life support and the dark figure was about to pull the plug and The light figure said "stop you dont have authority to do that stop" The dark figure pulled away. I think what this represented was my generation on life support and the enemy wants to pull the plug. But God said no you have no authority. So I began to pray for our generation and I feel so burdened that our generation has to wake up and get away from our apathetic ways. Wake up o sleeper. Wake up o sleeper. Wake up o sleeper.....

3 comments:

Ceidra said...

BOBBY NISBET I GOT GOOSEBUMPS!

Dude it looks like all that time with Mike D is leading you in similar gifts.

You know, Niz, you have a lot of influence on people. Imagine, the Power of the Niz under the Power of God...for your generation.

I'm proud of you, Little Brother. It was good to have you there.

Anonymous said...

I too got chills. Wow, what a picture, and so true. I wonder if this could be presented to Pneuma as a skit?? They need to hear this message, but more than hear it, they need to be impacted by the concept. Niz, it is so great to see you moving into the purposes that God has for your life, they are great indeed.

Lauralei said...

Briana, I like your thinking! This would totally be amazing as a skit. Bobby, I feel the same way, unfortunately even about myself. But you're so very right, and this is awesome. We do need some sort of wake up call.